Randolph County Health Department Coronavirus Update: April 2, 2020
As of the morning of April 2, 2020, for Randolph County:
- Number of tests performed to date: 65
- Number of pending tests: 34
- Number of negative tests: 28
- Number of positive tests: 3
- Net new positive cases in last 24 hours: 1 case. This case was associated with travel and the individual has self-quarantined since arriving in Randolph County in a private vehicle, alone. Because the patient arrived from an endemic country and was well informed as was the family/host, strict quarantine as well as use of masks, gloves, and sanitizing of surfaces has been observed. The patient has not been within 6 feet of anyone since arrival.
- Notes on PPE supplies: Small shipments have been arriving from the national stockpile and have been distributed to the hospital and first responders and small amounts to direct care givers – however much more is needed. The state government is seeking more supplies for all who need them.
- Notes on volunteers/donations needed: There are shortages of spray disinfectants, bleach, alcohol, hand sanitizers and, of course, masks, gowns, gloves.
- We now have 3 cases in Randolph County. Two are associated with foreign travel; these individuals have been on self-quarantine since reaching WV. For all three cases, all contacts have been identified and are self-quarantined and under daily monitoring.
- I have talked with the rep for Red Cross in Randolph County re blood drives – she’ll get back to us if/when she learns anything.
- Local and county health givers and health departments receive information about positive tests first. Information is sent to the state once the actual lab reports are received and verified. Then, the published state data must be updated – when the updater has opportunity.
Rumors and inaccurate information may cause unfounded reactions or panic. Please consult reliable sources for latest known facts about COVID-19.
Reliable sources include: