Last modified on March 9th, 2018 at 05:05 pm
The city encourages individuals, civic organizations and clubs to volunteer with city improvement projects. Possibilities include:
- Downtown litter collection/beautification (large groups welcome); contact the mayor’s office.
- Parks and recreation projects; contact the Elkins Parks and Recreation Commission.
- Public Service & Utilities
- Sanitation Department
- Street Department
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Code Enforcement Department & Building Inspections
- Recycling In Elkins
- Water Treatment Plant
- Water Distribution Department
- Wastewater Collection Department
- Maintenance Department
- Central Garage
- Traffic “Myths”
- GIS Department
- Elkins Water Board
- Elkins Sanitary Board
- Public Safety
- Utility Billing
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Animals & Pets
- Fire Fees
- Public Transportation
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Rental Registration Program
- Vacant Property Registration
- Area Schools & Colleges
- Elkins Main Street
- Welcome to Elkins
- Arts & Culture
- Recreation Resources
- Elkins: Yesterday & Today
- Local Tax Structure
- Fireworks in Elkins
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Event and Sound System Requests
- Phil Gainer Community Center
6/29: All clear on Davis
The dynamite found in the Tygart Hotel was safely removed and disposed of by WVSP. All clear.
7/4: City Hall Closed for Independence Day
City hall will be closed Monday, July 4. Trash normally collected Mondays will be collected Tuesday, starting at 6 a.m.
6/29: River Bend Park Road Closed
6/20: City hall closed
On Monday, June 20 (West Virginia Day), city hall will be closed. Trash will be collected on the usual schedule.
New Alley Parking Limits
Council recently imposed limits on alley parking citywide. Click here for more information.
2022 Street Sweeper Schedule
The 2022 street-sweeping season begins Monday, May 2. Starting May 23, Elkins police will ticket vehicles left parked on streets scheduled for street sweeping. More here.
Last modified on May 8th, 2022 at 10:51 am
Got a non-emergency water issue? Report it online by clicking here.
How Do I?
Stay up to date with the latest news and alerts by signing up for our newsletter!