Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Elkins
The City of Elkins is no longer under a state of emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unvaccinated persons should continue to wear masks and social distance around persons from other households. Vaccines are available at no cost from local pharmacies and the Randolph-Elkins Health Department.
How You Can Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 in Elkins
- Pay utility bills by mail, phone, online, or by using the drop box behind city hall
- If unvaccinated, maintain a six-foot distance from people outside your household
- If unvaccinated, wear a mask inside stores and wherever distancing is difficult
Other Local Agencies
City officials are in touch with the Randolph County Health Department (RCHD), the Randolph County Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (formerly RC OEM), Davis Medical System, Randolph County Board of Education (RC BOE), and others as we track this fluid situation. We will continue to consult with these and state authorities as this situation evolves.
How to Stay Up to Date
- Governor Jim Justice’s Twitter feed
- Text/email Nixle alerts from Randolph County Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Text/email Nixle alerts from City of Elkins (separate registration from above): send email with mobile number or email address to ElkinsNixle@cityofelkinswv.com
- Elkins City Hall Facebook page
- Elkins City Hall Twitter feed
- Elkins City Hall email alerts (sign up for our Newsletter by entering your email address below)
General Information and Guidance
To accurately assess risk and make the best possible preparations, it is important to rely on scientific, evidence-based information from public health authorities.
Don’t rely on media reports or pay attention to rumors on social media; instead, go right to the source.
The most authoritative sources of information about COVID-19 are:
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
Here are some additional local resources:
- Davis Health System COVID-19 page
- Randolph County Health Department (RCHD)
- Randolph County Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Randolph County Board of Education